segunda-feira, janeiro 04, 2010

MOUNTSOFWOE

I saw the hangings and floggings of God;
I saw the witch burn at the stake of the Law.
I saw the men fight till blood was no more!
And I curse the barren lands, the barren lands of men!
In fire I swear, this earth will be bare!
And mankind will see all the long agony
That I had to endure for all that I hoped.
I believed and was wrong, for there's nothing to see
But the barren lands in fire, in fire is she!
Forgotten the laws and forgotten the blows
Fire consumes and up goes the woe!
Dragonflys swarm, where wolves will be born
In this place of distress, in this place that means death.
Bears and boars roam, for food that´s long gone.
In this place of distress, in this place that means death.
All men sharpen with skill their desire to kill
In this place of distress, in this place that means death.

Dens of wolves and mounts of woe
When will this solitude end?
Hunters gather 'round Jacob's ladder
To build Babel anew.
Those who climb will never return
They will hunt in Heaven.
Those who kill will never understand
The glorious sight of Heaven.
Those of Peace will never use
Use their teeth on God!
The priests are weak and so they speak
The hunters show them terror!
And when they finish a bloody feast
All that is left is my curse

Hidden the powers, and up go the towers.
And I am left to my dance of desease and decay
To curse the barren lands, the barren lands of man!

Um comentário:

Marco disse...

That was beautiful. How have you been, old friend?